Duration: 1.5 – 2 hours
Locations: Lake Anne, Lake Audubon, Lake Newport, Lake Thoreau
Availability: Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday & Sunday
- First Time Paddler
- First Time Paddler (Reston Association Member)
- Return Paddler
- Youth Paddler (12 & under w/ adult)
Stand Up Paddle Board SUP Sessions:
With this 1.5 – 2 hour session you will learn the basic skills necessary for enjoying SUP safely and efficiently. During the dry land portion, you’ll learn about the equipment and review safety and practice paddling basics. Then to the water where you’ll progress from paddling on your knees to standing up. You’ll practice a proper and efficient forward stroke as well as how to turn and stop your board. Most of all, you’ll have FUN! If you already completed the Intro Session (with Surf Reston) you can jump in and practice on your own for a discounted rate! We take plenty of photos!
Once you have participated in your first session with Surf Reston you qualify for a discounted rate to practice your skills at a discounted rate. Please note, an introductory session is required for all first time visitors!
Our sessions are scheduled primarily on Thursday evenings at 6:30 p.m. and Saturdays and/or Sundays on Lake Anne at the Wiehle Avenue Boat Ramp. We hold sessions periodically on Lake Audubon, Lake Newport, and Lake Thoreau.
Please feel free to request other times and we will accommodate pending Reston Association approval.
What to bring:
- Signed Online Waivers (click here)
- Lake Anne Boat Ramp does not have a restroom, we will paddle to the Lake Anne Plaza where restrooms will be available.
- Come sunscreen protected
- Water shoes or flip flops
- Strapped hat (optional)
- Strapped sunglasses (optional)
- You probably won’t, but plan on getting wet during the sessions – extra dry clothes, towel
- Be ready to be stoked!